I guess I can start out this blog with a little background info. I am 26 and I will have been married 5 years in June of '05. I have a little girl that just turned 3 and I am pregnant with number two, which is due June 19th. I feel like I started a new life five years ago. The first year looked something like this; I graduated from college in May of '05, I got married to my high school sweetheart in June of '05, I started my first year teaching in August of '05, we bought a house in January of '06 and finally found out we were 3 months pregnant in February of '06. We were due to have our first child in November of '06. Let's say I went through all of those changes with a lot of ups and downs. Did you know there is a statistic somewhere that says you shouldn't have more than one big change every couple of years. I don't know where that statistic is, but people tell me it every time they learn about our first year of marriage. Looking back, I think we did great!
Now I will fill you in on what's going on in our life today. So far I am 18 weeks pregnant. I am showing so much faster this time than last time. I thought this pregnancy was going to be "normal." Like the last one. I didn't feel the drive to read all those books this time. I haven't felt the need to seek out mommy groups. However, it's not the same. This time it's completely different. I was nauseous the first-trimester, eating twice as much as usual, exhausted, having leg cramps, and dry skin that itched like CRAZY!!!! Despite it all I have loved being pregnant again. I know I'm insane. I know there are some of you out there that hate me for saying that, but it's true. I love it. I love that I just started to feel the flutters of the baby in my belly. I love that when everyone looks at me right now, they look at my belly instead of my boobs. :) Sorry but when you are a size 2 with D cups (yes natural) the boobs are where guys and girls eyes go sometimes. Until you have kids. :) Then they are saggy D's. So those of you with smaller boobs gloat in the fact that those of us that were "blessed" have to have them hang to our belly buttons long before we reach our thirties if we have kids in our twenties. Talking about boobs, I love that being pregnant can make saggy boobs firm and perky again...and so does my hubby. ;-)
As for my three year old. I moved her out of the baby room and into a "big girl room." It's so cute. We found an awesome deal for a Queen....oh yes, I said Queen....size bed, a dresser and mirror, chest of drawers, and a night stand for $699. We couldn't pass it up. Brand-new it was mispriced in the sales ad. How lucky are we!?! The room is painted orange...it was meant to be more of a Tuscan and we bought it a little to bright. Oh well, it's kind of orange now, and we put polka dot decals all over it. It looks wonderful. When we potty trained her she did great during the day but we couldn't get her to stop wetting the bed at night. She has slept in her bed two nights in a row and hasn't wet her bed yet! We are so excited. She gets up and goes potty all by herself now. Of course her new bedroom is closer to the bathroom which might help, but it's great! Tonight she asked me if I could close her bedroom door. I know that seems minor, but she usually wants her door at least cracked open. Not now. She's a big girl! I'm so proud of her!
We shall see what tomorrow brings.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment