Monday, February 15, 2010

Appropriate Title?



Journaling One Day at a Time??? Um...maybe I should have named this one day a month at a time. LOL. I think about sitting down and journaling all the time, but actually doing it is a different story. Recently, my hubby and I have started this new thing to improve our financial status. It's called budgeting...apparently it's been around awhile and no one thought to tell us about it. Okay, so we just made enough money and always made ends meet every month but never seemed to have enough to save. Funny how that works. So now we are making up for lost time. Paying off some debts that we accumulated, and and putting money into savings for rainy days. Funny thing is, since we have been saving, it's like rainy days have been dropping out of the sky. In one day, our water heater, and toaster oven both quit working. Fixed the water heater, but things aren't looking to great for the toaster oven. Oh well, that's why we're saving right? Our biggest goal has been to fill back up the savings whenever we have to dip into it. We've done well so far, but we are honestly only on like Month 2. We shall see how well we do. In two months, I can say we have paid off $600 of one debt. So I guess we aren't doing to terrible.




What have I learned from this process? I have a spending problem. I never did before but over the years I have gotten very free with my spending habits. I realized I was spending like 90$ a month just in Starbucks coffee!!! Seriously! Now my husband and I get $25 of spending money for the month....aww...I feel like I am about to burst. However I have done okay. My hubby has been keeping me sane somehow.




Of course, then there is the pregnancy. I did tell you guys that I am pregnant right? Anway, I'm pregnant. 5 Months now. It's amazing....more amazing that we have had two ultrasounds and our baby refuses to show if it's a he or she. So we are going neutral and not by choice. :) Oh well, life throws curve balls sometimes, and this is one curveball I can live with. Other than that the pregnancy is going great.




I have recently started these new crafts to keep myself busy. I have taken up crocheting and been making headbands for my daughter. I thought about trying to sell them for a few dollars. I'm not looking to make a fortune, but they are handmade and some people might enjoy them. Also, I know people are adding some cute oversized bows and ribbons. I may look into embellishing them before selling them. We will see. Here is a picture of an example. You can tell me what you think.
I've made more with different patterns, but this was my first. I will add them as I continue making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment